Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The dog days are here

And I don't just mean literally. Have you ever felt that you wished
you could scrape your skin off you? Or atleast the unshakable gloom
that's seemed to cover it ( I mean this figuratively, of course)?
Forget the searing heat that makes my poor AC work extra hard and
makes my skin feel like I am being lightly roasted. Nothing I seem to
do lately comes out right. All decisions made seem like bad decisions.
Food doesn't seem appealing except in a vague, uninteresting way.
Everything seems to be in a standstill as if awaiting further orders.
And I feel like I am slowly walking blindfolded through a narrow
corridor filled with dozens of obstacles. Not for the first time I
feel like I'm around to listen to friends and acquaintances talk to me
about all their little problems only to suddenly disappear when I have
things I would like to talk about. And for once I wish there was
someone who could understand the language I speak. Mostly I have a
simmering anger that is directed at atleast three people and me. For
the past few months there has been an unending spate of drama in my
life. Oh, nothing hysterical and noisy. Just wave after wave of quiet
surprises (and not of the nice kind) that keeps knocking me off my
feet, giving me sleepless nights and making me want to hit something
really, really hard. And while I know this is a phase. I'd like to
know when it would end. I'm starting to feel decidedly neurotic.

--
Sent from my mobile device

2 comments:

  1. Hey...found ur blog :D

    And you know what - I have these kind of days as well. And the worst thing is that it'll be the littlest thing that will end up tipping me off the edge :P

    Perhaps talk to the people?? Sometimes help. I'm really bad at giving advice so my only other suggestion is either yoga or a boxing class :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my blog!! i know what you mean by the littlest thing that tips you off the edge..I totally relate to that. The heat of the summer and work related stress makes me very very testy..ugh. But hey, it never does last!

    ReplyDelete