Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Trying to stay focused

In June, I wrote about being risk averse and about taking a huge risk and really, if I were honest, I guess I should admit that  while I tend to be very risk averse, I am sometimes averse to thinking some decisions through before I take them. All of the people who think I over think things, don't usually realize that I over analyze things, agonize about options but jump into something at the very last minute without actually thinking about it. I was telling a friend the other day that when I have two options, no matter which way I go, I will regret the decision for a few days and then get used feel happy about  the option that I picked. This is a problem, and yes, it happens because I over think every thing to death and I analyze every single advantage and disadvantage to each decision. Anyway, I'm bringing this up because I've had to make a decision and I've had people asking me how I've decided and I feel like a broken record saying, "I haven't made up my mind yet". It is an understatement to say that I'm bad at making decisions. Anyway all this thinking and decision making has made me ignore other important areas of my life. I moved a week ago and I still haven't unpacked. Most of my kitchen stuff is still in several boxes and its getting more and more difficult to find clothes to wear out of the several boxes, but I'm so consumed with weighing the pros and cons of the options available to me, that everything else has taken second place.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry - I'm totally the same. Get it from my parents lol - for example they have been wanting to renovate the house for years. They just can't seem to make up their mind - overanalysing everything lol.

    I think there comes a point where you just need to make a decision - whatever the outcome, good or bad - it will at least bring come closure lol.

    ReplyDelete